Wednesday 31 December 2008

Indifferent

I never celebrated new year with friends before. It seems like I have to celebrate it again on my own since my health is not going to allow me to have an enjoyable moment. Let's just say with the cough, runny nose and sore throat I am having now, the picture of me ushering the new year doesn't fit at all.

I feel numb today. From the head to toe I feel numb. It is almost like spider webs are wrapping around my body. My condition is better than yesterday though. Yesterday I spent most of my time on the bed. Well, thanks to William for driving me to SS2, Anna and Alan for accompanying along. It's really great to have friend that can go through with me the thick and thin of life.

I skipped one of my class yesterday and it was Etika Perguruan because I was feeling really really cold. I even bathed under the sun on my way back with Alan to get more warmth.

Yesterday class begun with an awful comment from Dr. Juliana. She was saying this was the worst TESLian batch. She said that she was afraid that some of us might not graduate on time, some of us might find ourselves drowning deeper in the ocean, etc etc. Most of my friends felt disheartened with those comments but nevertheless I felt quite indifferent. Maybe my sickness has gotten to my brain.

It was not that different in today's proficiency class. Puan Nina said when she was marking on our essays, she just couldn't believe those were the essays written by her bunch of TESL students. Arul was feeling quite disappointed and she asked me are we that bad... Sadly to say, most of us are that bad. I am kinda in between though- not that good, not that bad either. I still feel indifferent. Maybe because of the medicines that make me numb. I feel I was walking on the air...feel light.

When I regain back my health, I would buck up...really really buck up. I need to get into the Dean's List.

No comments: