Sunday 7 December 2008

Looking back at my resolutions

A review of my 3rd semester's resolution. How much I've achieved and how much I've yet to achieve.

Li Chin’s Third Semester’s Resolutions


1. I will go for lecture even if I have notes available online or I have friends taking the notes down for me. The lectures will help me get a better understanding of the material which will eventually help me in my exam.
** Hmmm... Brilliant!!! I've not skipped a single lecture. The only class I'd skipped was Miss Charity's tutorial class cuz I was having stomach discomfort. Bad Arul was a follower cuz she was being lazy! What a lazy bum!!!**

2. I will take good notes so that I will have a presentable and complete notes to read before exams.
**If Li Chin ever going to take good notes then she's not Li Chin. She's born with bad hand-writing so how could she possibly jot down good notes. Nevertheless, my notes is a complete one**

3. I will study consistently. I will not cram my head with information the night before exam.
**I did study consistently at the beginning of the semester but I think I am better when I am studying in a group. But that means I study last minute before my exam also lar...**

4. I will budget my spending. I will not go shopping every weekend and that will minus the feeling of regret after I bought something that I don’t really need. I will not shop just to get the guilt to drive me to study.
**I did budget my spending and noticed that I spent much on my medication which is a necessity.**

5. I will get involved around campus. I will join college activities as well as activities in university to widen my horizon.
**I joined both. I handled my dance troupe but it was nearly a disaster and handling them made me lose 2kg**

6. I will take advantage of the resources available around me to polish up my English. I will speak English when I’m in campus. I’ll blog at least 3 times in a week. I’ll read newspapers just to know what’s happening around me. I’ll continue reading CLEO and SVH.

## TESL friends : If by any chance you hear me speaking chinese, please give me a slap, pinch me, etc etc ##
**Successful! I'm speaking English most of the time. You can ask Arul, Anna or Alan if you don't bliv in me**

7. I will control my temper and never let emotions get the better of me.
** This temper thingy is still hard to control especially when I'm having mood swings and I can't tolerate stupid people.**

8. No matter how busy I am, I will make time for my family and friends.
**I think I should make more effort in this**

9. I will exercise every morning and every night to shed the extra kilos.
**Forget about that. I'm a lazy bum!**

10. I will clean my room once a week unless there’s something better to do.
**I clean my room once everyday.** :)

My grade : 5/10! I got a pass!!!

No comments: