Sunday 14 December 2008

Home-made Glutinous Rice Ball

When I was a child, I don't get to get glutinous rice ball with fillings in it so I have always hoped and hoped that one day I will get to eat glutinous rice ball with fillings. Now, I get to eat it whenever I bring myself to SS2's night market and somehow I still prefer tang yuan without feelings. It's human nature. You will always desire for something that is short in your life. So today, my mother and I specially made some glutinous rice ball for my father and both of my grandpas.

My father loves tang yuan. Yeah loves, I'm not using the wrong tense cause he is always in our heart although he's in a land far far away, like a star in the night sky. Sometimes, it's regretable that I learn what is loss when I've lost someone really dear to my heart.

Like always, I will do something out of the ordinary. I made 2 smiling tang yuans with eyes. Mother was saying, "Why do you always have to do this kinda things? You're 21 but you're no different from what you're 6 years ago!!!"

For my father:
I was once like the glutinous rice flour. It is you who have put in endless effort and moulded me to be what I am today. You colour up my life and though you're far, I know you'll be always watching us. Both of the smiling tang yuan are specially for you. I'm so proud that you're my father :)

1 comment:

annalouis87 said...

I like the smile face tang yuan...cute...