Friday 2 January 2009

Recap

This year does not begin with what I've expected. Well, this is life. If it's so damn predictable, then it will not be fun anymore. Sometimes, we need to feel more happiness, tiny bit of sadness, surprises, disappointment, all the spices of life to make us human. So, flaws are okay because humans are imperfect by nature.

Or you can call me a psychotic nuts because when life is running too smooth for me, I will tend to create havoc. For instance, my dating experience. When we were all good and lovey-dovey, I would find faults with him so that we quarrel, I would feel really really angry but I enjoy seeing messages from him coming in begging for forgiveness, blah blah blah. And you guess...at last, he was being with my friend. Serve me right! But he wasn't that good...it was not a good catch...better let the fish go than to let him die of endless torture. When I was in secondary school, I was what they named me - a player.

I need a closure, a recap, self-evaluation I will call it.

2008 had truly been a year I would remember. Why?
1) Just as I thought I will be a spinster, someone expressed liking in me. It didn't go far though.
2) I got a B for my proficiency test. Congratulations to me cuz it was and it still is a pain in the ass which is constantly reminding me I really need to buck up or I will end up failing. Failure is not an option. I refuse to give in to failure!
3) I am sick before and during the new year. My 1st time celebrating new year eve in a place packed with people. When everyone else was enjoying the new year eve, I was being a pampered girl by kinda getting angry cuz it was stuffy, smelly and noisy... did I mention dirty?
4) I got an A in one of my papers and I get a free meal :P
...it's gonna be an endless list if I am going to list out like this...let's make it more systematic.

Failure:
1) A relationship.
2) Lecturers are commenting us that we are the worst batch of TESL students.
3) My CGPA dropped 0.02.
4) I am not a good dance troope leader.
5) I have moods like disastrous weather. They should name a cyclone after me.
6) I got sick before the new year and on the new year.
7) I am too independent and I think I'm more independent than half of the guys I know which is not a good think because I tend to look down on people.
8) I can only be on the same wavelength with my bunch of friends not my roommates.

Success:
1) I put 100% into doing good assignments. Bill Templer likes it and he keeps a copy of it- the original copy.
2) I got B in proficiency test.
3) I blog... which is good for my essay writing, good for people to know what's on my mind.
4) Slightly better GPA. An A for the paper that gives me good meal to eat :P
5) Able to ask Anna to produce more movies, for my speaking and listening.
6) The most successful thing is that I have is that I have found my bunch of good friends. The fact is, I don't really have friends like this before. I found my so-called the other half bcuz she knows what is on my mind, Anna and Anna are the most bising ones, William the driver :P

2 comments:

curryegg said...

Wow. Look like your assignment is good. Must work harder for every semester oh.. :D

It is always great to have close friends with us during in ups and downs.. Anna must be happy reading this.. :)

Gambate together ya!
;D

Natalie Tan Li Chin a.k.a SmoothTan said...

Sure do. It's like playing merry-go-round, it just feel right with many frens around:)