Sunday 18 January 2009

Gathering...Former schoolmates...Differences...

I didn't really feel like going out today because I have yet to finish reading my Shakespearean play- King Lear act 2. Considering that tomorrow's my friend's birthday and one of my new year resolutions is to make time for my family and friends, I decided to go.

Went to Neway, sang our hearts out at the same time took our lunch there as well. Then, I went to Borders to look for Dr. Faustus and The Country Wife ( it's either I'm blind or they don't have what I'm looking for ) while 3 of them went to buy Yee Yuen's present ( Body Shop perfume ). Yada...yada...yada...yada...

That's not the point here.

For 2 years, we have been apart. Wen Ping and Ling Qiao are in UKM, Jin Hong in UTAR, Sze Zhong in MMU and Yee Yuen graduated from HELP. It took less than 2 years for me and them to be so different.

When we were singing, all they chose was Chinese songs while I chose only English songs. They sang together in Chinese while most of the time I sang all by myself for my selected English songs.

They like to shop in ROMP while I spent my time shopping in Nichii. Go to the shop and you'll know what I am talking about.

The topics that we have in our minds are different. Considering that I don't read newspaper that often, I don't really know what they are talking about. So, after every gathering with them, I feel really shallow. They talk about shares, recession - business talk. Can someone please crack my head and put in all the business info into my brain???

In my school years, I felt lonely cuz I couldn't find someone that could really click with me on the same wavelength. I'm contented they I've found a bunch of good friends in uni.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha... imagine me... there.... i lagi cannot click with them due to diff in language i guess???
i can't wait to go home..... amnah, shaz and the others are planning for a reunion when i get home... so make sure u're free...

Natalie Tan Li Chin a.k.a SmoothTan said...

nice! then c whether i can still click wif them o not. if i can't then i think there's something wrong wif me. might need to pick up a book on sociology if tat's the case.