Wednesday 29 October 2008

Yerrrr, this laziness is killing me!!!

When I got my STPM result, I was quite worried. I was worried that my shameful result won't be able to guarantee me a place in university. I applied for UTAR for a biomedical science and biotechnology course, I went for UNISEL's open day because they offer TESL course and I surfed the net to see what other universities that I was able to enrol myself in.

I received a letter from UTAR and they offered me their biotechnology course. Nevertheless, I decided to wait for the reply from one of the public universities because I didn't want to burden my mom with extra financial burden.

That day, everyone was checking on the net whether they were accepted into public universities or not. Line was down. I can't even log in into the webpage so I asked my friends to check for me. Quite luckily, I got a place in University of Malaya!!! UM, no kidding! So, I was jumping up and down, hugging my brother and kissing him on the cheek. He thought I was crazy. Too bad, papa wasn't there to celebrate with us but I know, in heaven he is telling everyone about his daughter, me, an undergraduate in UM! I know he will be proud. He is always proud in all the things I do.

Ah, reflection of the past always has me in teary eyes and wet nose. . . The other day, mom was asking me when is my graduation day. Whoa, still a long way to go, I told her. She said nevermind, when I graduate she will give me a bouquet of flowers and then I said, yeah yeah, I want teddy bears too. So, my sister and brother shall give me two teddy bears. Then, they said, yeah, the teddy bears at home, they will send it to wash and then give them all to me during graduation day. Aiyo, it was a happy talk. Somehow, it is still not complete without my papa around. Omg, teary eyes again...

You know, I was really worried when I am scared my resuly will not able to secure me in university but now I think I am taking things for granted. I'm lazy. I do my revision because I need to. I finish reading to eliminate my guilt. I follow my study schedule so that I feel I am doing something. But, it's empty in the brain. Can't remember anything. I wonder why humans love taking things for granted. I used to be really hardworking and I remember things clearly...
But no, my mind refuses to remember any now.

Someone please tell me how lucky I am to get a place in UM and please tell me to appreciate it cuz I don't wanna graduate later than my batchmates...

6 comments:

annalouis87 said...

Just think of your other friends that apply for local universities with you and didn't get in... how they wish they got in... remember your family, the sacrifices they made for you... should be enough to make you work harder right...?

Anonymous said...

"Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Anonymous said...

"No is a word on your path to Yes. Don't give up too soon. Not even if well-meaning parents, relatives, friends, and colleagues tell you to get a real job. Your dreams are your real job"

Anonymous said...

"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek."

Anonymous said...

"Most people give up just when they're about to achieve success. They quit on the one-yard line. They give up a the last minute of the game, one foot from a winning touchdown

Anonymous said...

"History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats