Friday 17 April 2009

Proficiency Test

I thought of blogging yesterday but words just didn't come out right. So, this is just another ordinary blog about my day since I am experiencing blogger's block right now.

Remember that I actually promised that I will share about my test result at the end of the post, 'Mistake'? I was quite eager to know about my result since I did badly in my speaking test! The topic they had given me was "how to help the government to curb the problem of illegal immigrants." My jaws dropped and my eyes grew bigger the moment I had the question paper in my hand. Worst of all, when all my group members started speaking on their own part, it occurred to me that I had elaborated on the wrong points.

I couldn't believe my eyes that I actually elaborated "how the government can curb the problems of illegal immigrants"! My adrenaline was pumping and I got an idea of a bimbo to change the noun "government" to "the immigration department" which is also part of the government. I talked only about 1 min and 30 secs on law reinforcement, putting more guards at the border of our country, increasing the number of patrols to give potential illegal immigrants that the Malaysian government is taking this issue seriously. It was bad considering that every one of my group members talked on and on for almost 3 minutes.

I worried about my result but I managed to get my days going. So, yesterday when I got back to KL, I went to the Linguistics Faculty all the way from my college to have a look at my result. Surprisingly, it was not that bad afterall. I got a B for my half-way-done proficiency test. To be exact, I got a B- for my listening and a B for my speaking test. Was on cloud nine on the way back to my college.

It makes me wonder if I try harder, would my result be the same? I might just be a few marks short of B+. No worries, I have another test to go which focus on my comprehension and essay writing to make up on my marks. We don't normally get a second chance in our exam and this one seems to give me a second chance to get at least a B+! I need to drug myself with self-determination. I need an antidote for this lazy virus that's contaminating my whole system.

It seems like this antidote is coming in its away. I'm having my running nose and my whole body seems to be hot. I think I am going to get fever. Hopefully, with my fluctuating body temperature, it's hot enough to break the walls of the lazy virus and kills it once and for all.

Oh, to all UM students out there, Arulselvi said that today is the last day to do that umctes thingy. The website is http://umctes.um.edu.my.

Li Chin's exam target:
1) Proficiency for Language Teachers ## B+##
2) Drama 1 ##A-##
3) Language Learning and Language Use ##B+##
4) Teaching Drama ##A-##
5) Etika Perguruan ##B##
6) Pengurusan Unit Beruniform ##A##

...Li Chin must be cocky... She's revealing her target here...She's so not Li Chin...

No comments: