Monday 17 November 2008

Beautiful Love

When I was old enough to hold a pencil, my parents taught me to draw heart shapes. They told me to colour it only with red colour. I never asked why. So, on my mommy's birthday, my papa would help me with the card with the word I LOVE YOU written on it and vice versa. It isn't too late to realize that the perfect gift doesn't always come with a bow, it is the amount of love that you put into it that counts.

Growing up, we come to love someone other than our parents. Sometimes, the loneliness that drops by to visit me always keeps me wondering, why don't we 'break up' with our parents? Why does the term break up only applies to boyfriend and girlfriend? Why is the feeling of love isn't genuine? If we come to love someone and we are assured that the someone is the right one that we will end up loving him or her for the rest of our lives, wouldn't it be great?

Perhaps, life is meant to be about losing and gaining, giving and taking and about happy and grief. Life is a great teacher that will teach us to appreciate something when we experience loss.

These few days, I keep thinking, when we are close to someone, the chances of losing him or her is greater. Why? Familiarity breeds contempt I think. You tend to see his or her flaws. You want them to change not for the better but for who you want them to be. In the end, the relationship is either too exhausting, too much expectation or there's no more sparks to keep both couple together.

To my best friends and that someone I will come to love one day. Hopefully, I will never be too dull for you all. I never wanna risk losing you all cause y'all are the gems among the colourless stones and y'all are the sunshine that never judges me and shines on every part of my life.

I love y'all!!!

xoxo Li Chin xoxo

2 comments:

arul said...

now this is oe good piece...you are a good wrter...u are good on paper girl...glaring grammatical errors?? only she knows what the mistakes are...hehehe...missing you guys....tatta

Natalie Tan Li Chin a.k.a SmoothTan said...

i wana be better in my speaking too..