Thursday 3 July 2008

We said goodbye, we fell apart because we didn't know we needed someone so badly

I had a very good friend during my high school years. We drifted apart though cuz I used to be this green eyed monster envying her. I'd gotten into a relationship because she was in a relationship. I studied and studied and had been keeping everything to myself because I wanted to be better than her academically. I thought I had excelled when I got a good result for my SPM. It had never ever crossed my mind that this intense jealousy I had for her killed our friendship. That's one of the things I regret most about growing up.

Quite recently, I've shifted to my new house. I invited a bunch of friends for a house-warming celebration and I noticed that she has changed. She's not as cheerful as before and with her every move, it reflected what I used to be back then.

I watch her from distant. She smiled and laughed like everyone but I know she's wrecking inside. The feelings she hides, I've known too well to see through her masquerade.

I hate to know how a relationship can change and wreck someone's life so significantly.

I hate to hear that years of relationship cannot be forgotten so easily. Please!!! Its not just the amount of time. It's the effort you've put in but still knowing the relationship is slipping away.

She's a great girl. It's his ex's loss if he doesn't know how to appreciate her.

Time is all she needed to move on.

No comments: