Saturday 19 April 2008

The Paradox of Life and Love

We are not blessed with the ability to predict how love may find us, how love may blossom and how love may end. We will never know where we will find our loved ones, how we may fall for them, when and how it happens and that's why it's called falling in love. We do not have the ability to forsee what's going to happen and at the same time how and when it is going to end. It's the way we find happiness and it is also the way we find sadness, hopelessness and emptiness. The paradox of life and love.....

The girl in the mirror, she USED to think about the one who got away. She USED to colour her mind with the memories they once shared together. She USED to cry herself to sleep wondering what she could have done to make him stay. She USED to believe in hope but hopes never failed to shatter her dreams over and over again.

The girl in the mirror, she USED to wonder whether he thought of her as much as she thought of him. She HELD on the future they've once built together. She FELT the emptiness she haven't felt before. She USED to wonder whether it is the right thing for her to do to let him go. She forced herself to move on, letting go what was once familiar to her, buried her feelings deep under the ground. She flashed her smile, put on a mask and cheated the whole world.

Beneath her facade, does she feel the way we feel, laugh the way we laugh? Is she real?

Her feelings she hide, her dreams she can't find and the lost of her faith...I wonder how she feel without her pretension.

The girl in the mirror was once a reflection of me.

When I saw a testimonial from him in my Friendster, I know I've moved on. When you've read my previous posts, you'll know what I'm trying to say. Time can really dilute one's feeling and heals one's heart.

Love is not blind because love can see through one's imperfections and failures. If he can't see through my imperfections then I guess it is not meant to be. We all learn from our mistakes.
Hopefully, I'll get a better luck in my next relationship (that is if I find my white-horse prince... Mom says I'll be a spinster :( ... no idea why she says so )

No comments: