Saturday 22 August 2009

Happy Birthday, Papa!!!

This post is specially dedicated to my very handsome, loving, caring and heroic father.

I love you so much and these words with 26 alphabets and a few syllables aren't enough to wrap up what I feel in my heart. I'm having stuffy nose but no teary eyes this time around when write this to you. Are you by my side when I type this? You'd probably be laughing out loud seeing me typing, deleting a whole line of sentence, retyping the same sentence again. This is specially for you, papa.

.....O.....O.....O.....O.....O.....O.....O.....O.....O.....O.....O.....O.....O.....O...

It's the time of the year again where we would light up the candles on the cake to celebrate my father's birthday. My father is 54 years old today but nothing reminds him of old age, not even his hair. He is endowed with jet-black hair, without 1 strand of grey hair when I last saw him.

My father calls me big devil head cuz of my intense habit to make both my sister and brother cry. I don't do that now but I miss the occasion when I was being a big bully carrying out rubber (erasers) war with my siblings. Back then, I threw erasers until it hit their foreheads, they retaliated by teaming up and stoned me with their 2 pencil cases of erasers. When they lose, they used the most powerful weapon of all-- their cries that made my father warned me to be what a 'big sister' supposed to be.

Without my father, I would not be here in UM, taking up TESL, studying the hardest text and that is none other than Shakespeare. I used to be a very weak student and I occasionally hid my exam papers from my mom when I got a B or a C cuz my mom was like the fiery monster scolding me from top to toe, comparing me with whatshisname or whatshername and pinch me on my ear or my waist. My father on the other hand, would always be there to take my report card, strategize a way to work my way up. He always tell me, "Ah b, 1 step at a time. Now you must catch up with Chee Ee Van and work your way up, okay?" Voila, I am in UM while Ee Van is somewhere in Kuantan I think.

We have been through so much. I take pride that you're my father. I look up to you for moulding me to be what I am today.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PAPA! I'm sorry that I can't be with mommy, may may and didi to celebrate your birthday this year.

I can still remember your joke. You told me when you grow old, you will hold my hand, walk on the street and tell people around you that you have a young girlfriend. I will be in Jaya One today to buy you a cake. You can tell your friends that is your young girlfriend today because that is what birthday boy gets. They get their wishes come true :) Yeah, you're a birthday boy cuz you're always young at heart :P

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN and you're 54.

No comments: