Tuesday 12 June 2007

Every dewdrop and raindrop has a whole heaven within it...save our Earth!!!

I was sitting on the sofa staring at the majestic clear blue sky. The afternoon sun illuminated the whole place casting reassuring shadow of my neighbour's mango tree. It was one of those sweltering hot day in this tropical country. I focus back my gaze on Evanescence's MTV 'Lithium' and I can't stop visualizing myself being in her place - her cold, dark. mysterious place.

It's really hot outside. It's undoubtedly that human activities are causing the climate to change. We are so wrong when we once thought that Malaysia's vastness of tropical rainforest, highlands, seas and freshwater ecosystem will have no problem in absorbing those heat-trapping-polluting gasses without significant consequences. In conjunction with the World Environment Day 2007, more and more individuals are exposed on how human activities such as deforestation, open burning and the rubbish we dump are affecting the Earth's biodiversity. Of course, development is inevitable and the least we can do is try to reduce our waste to sustain the environment so that there'll only be more for everyone in the future.

With regard to this, some of the readers of The Star newspaper pledge to practice recycling, car pooling, etc etc to show support for the World Environment Day 2007. It seems like everyone is doing their part to save the environment and I wana be part of da crowd too!!!

Therefore, from yesterday onwards till da day I'm going to Uni, I'm going to sleep in my mom's room together with my bro and sis to reduce the usage of electricity and air-conditioner. It's a big sacrifice cuz I've to line the cushion on the floor or else I'll have to place to crush. Heck, I even woke up at the wee hours when my sis kicked her stuffed animal down her bed and landed on my face! Worst of all, my bro's alarm clock started making noise on 5.30a.m. when I'm suppose to wake up on 7a.m. :( :( :(

From today onwards, I'm going to use the water I use to wash veggie everyday to water my plants. My plants will benefit from those water soluble vitamins and might grow taller and flower more often. Wow, so nourishing!!!

Hmmm... maybe I should give my friends plants instead of other birthday gifts. More plants = more oxygen :) :) and by da time I'll lose more of my friends... muahahaha. I guess, moderation is the key to everything.

No comments: