Friday 13 March 2009

Rewarding Myself

Human beings, like other living organisms, will pursue a goal when they are given reward and this reward serves as reinforcement for a particular behaviour.
- B.F. Skinner -

Enduring 17 credit hours of class per week to some people might just be a piece of cake. Don't judge me, I'm not lazy and I don't skip class but attending every class is not something I anticipate. In other words, putting up with lecturers' mood swings, keeping up with sudden waves of assignments and many human behaviours are not something I want to fill my days with. So, most of the time, I will reward myself with a cup of coffee almost every day to keep me going class after class.

However, I'm a greedy person. I would never settle down just for a cup of coffee. I like to sleep in the afternoon, a siesta I would call it and I would never ever let myself sleep later than 12am unless of course I have something better to do than sleeping. That is rare but it happens like twice or thrice in a month just like mood swings. Siesta is essential part of my life.

Classes take up 4 and a half hours, walking back and forth from college is about 1 hour, eating breakfast, lunch, dinner take about 1 and a half hour, afternoon nap for 1 and a half hour, hitting the shower room twice for about 1 hour, dressing up for half an hour, sleep for 7 hours, entertain myself for about 2 hours, talking and crapping for almost every chance I can find and time for college activities...VOILA it's 24 hours!!! And I don't even have time for assignments during weekdays.

I really need to find a way or two to buck up. I should reward myself for accomplishing certain assignments so that I have the drive to do better for my next assignments. (ahhh, it's actually my new-found reason to spend money)

REWARDS:
1) All the other assignments I've done
***** a pair of new sandals *****

2) Language Use assignment ( 24/3/09)
***** a bug-eyed spectacles *****

3) Etika Perguruan assignment ( 31/4/09 )
***** will figure out later *****

4) King Lear re-edit assignment ( 2/5/09 )
***** will also figure out later *****

5) Pengurusan Unit Beruniform on Keselamatan Dalam Rumah ( next next week )
***** yeah, figure out later *****

Ohh, buggy buggy, I want you so much!!!

No comments: